2013/2014 Schedule, Neurodegeneration Group
2nd Wednesday of the month
8:30a – 9:30a
*Note that all meetings in the spring have been moved to BJC Institute of Health 9AB.
- September 11: Celeste Karch (WUSTL Psychiatry), “The molecular mechanisms underlying phospholipase D3 as a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease”
- October 9: Kaoru Yamada (Holtzman Lab, WUSTL Neurology),“Neuronal activity regulates extracellular tau in vivo”
- November 13: Jan Bieschke (WUSTL Biomedical Engineering),“Molecular mechanisms of neuronal Abeta uptake”
- December 11: Mike Vasek (Klein Lab, WUSTL Internal Medicine),“West Nile virus encephalitis: A one, two, three knockout punch to the hippocampus”
- January 8: Kevin Stein (True Lab, WUSTL Cell Biology & Physiology), Chris Weihl (WUSTL Neurology), “Myopathy-Causing Mutations in an Hsp40 Chaperone Disrupt Interactions with Specific Client-Conformers””
- February 12: Marc Diamond (WUSTL Neurology)
- March 12: Dan Ory (WUSTL Internal Medicine), “Proteostasis regulation for treatment of Niemann-Pick C1 disease”
- April 9: Rohit Pappu (WUSTL Biomedical Engineering)
- May 14: Matt Crisp (Miller Lab, WUSTL Neurology), “Stable isotope labeling kinetics reveal tissue-specific differences in SOD1 turnover in an ALS animal model”
All meetings are listed on the Neuroscience Calendar of the Office of Neuroscience Research.