The Lysosome Processing & Transport Group is a group of investigators whose research goals range from basic lysosomal system biology to therapy in model organisms and humans. The focus of this group is to introduce key research developments and current innovative studies in the lysosome field. Members of this group share an interest in the autophagy/lysosomal pathway (ALP) and its relationship to neurodegenerative disorders, development of novel therapeutic strategies of Lysosome storage diseases and the use of cell and animal models as tools to determine the role of the ALP in the pathogenesis of neurological and cardiovascular diseases. Group meetings are open to the Washington University community, and those outside also are welcome to present their work and exchange new data and cutting-edge ideas.
2022/2023 Schedule, Lysosome Processing & Transport Group
3rd Thursday of the month
HYBRID: BJC Institute of Health 9AB and Zoom conference
VIRTUAL meetings are noted below.
For virtual meeting information email Celeste Karch.
Save the dates and stay tuned for speakers and talk titles!
- September 15: Marco Colonna (WashU Pathology & Immunology)
- VIRTUAL October 20: Catarina Silva (Harvard University)
- VIRTUAL November 17: Sandra Maday (University of Pennsylvania)
- December 15: Soutang Wang (Colonna lab, WashU Pathology & Immunology)
- VIRTUAL January 19: Aimee Kao (University of California, San Francisco)
- February 16: Seongwon Lee (Yoo lab, WashU Developmental Biology)
- VIRTUAL March 16: Rebecca Wallings (University of Florida)
- April 20: Adelita Mendoza (Kornfeld lab, WashU Developmental Biology)
- May 18: Davis lab (WashU Neurology)
All meetings are listed on the Office of Neuroscience Research (ONR) Calendar.
Archive of Previous Seasons
Lysosome Processing & Transport Faculty Members
Faculty organizer: Celeste Karch (WashU Psychiatry)
Affiliated faculty members
Jonathan Cooper (WashU Pediatrics)
Carlos Cruchaga (WashU Psychiatry)
Patricia Dickson (WashU Pediatrics)
Abhinav Diwan (WashU Medicine)
Timothy Holy (WashU Neuroscience)
Celeste Karch (WashU Psychiatry)
Jonathan Kipnis (WashU Pathology & Immunology)
Stuart Kornfeld (WashU Medicine)
Jin-Moo Lee (WashU Neurology)
Adriana Montaño (Saint Louis University)
Andrew Nguyen (Saint Louis University)
Daniel Ory (WashU Medicine)
Maria Remedi (WashU Medicine)
Rajan Sah (WashU Medicine)
Mark Sands (WashU Medicine)
Gary Silverman (WashU Pediatrics)
Amber Stratman (WashU Cell Biology & Physiology)