2016/2017 Schedule, Neurodegeneration Group
2nd Wednesday of the month
8:30a – 9:30a
BJC Institute of Health 9AB
- October 11: Mani Mahadevan (University of Virginia), “From Gene Discovery to Therapy: Translational Research in Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy”
Note, this is a joint meeting of the Hope Center Neurogenetics and Neurodegeneration Groups.
- October 12: Itender Singh (WashU Neurosurgery), “Cyclophilin A: mechanism and drug target for subarachnoid hemorrhage”
- November 9: Yang Shi (Holtzman Lab, WashU Neurology), “Effect of ApolipoproteinE on tau pathogenesis and tau-mediated neurodegeneration in a tauopathy mouse model”
- December 14: Shannon Macauley-Rambach (WashU Neurology), “Repurposing the diabetic medication, glyburide, for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease”
- January 11**: Shane Liddelow (Stanford School of Medicine), “What do reactive astrocytes do?”
Note location for Jan 11 talk: East Pavilion Auditorium.
- February 8: Jan Bieschke (WashU Biomedical Engineering), “Membrane interaction and neuronal uptake of early amyloid-beta oligomers”
- March 8: Geraldine Kress (Musiek Lab, WashU Neurology), “Amyloid beta levels are influenced by the circadian system”
- April 12: Yuna Ayala (Saint Louis University), “RNA Binding Proteins in Neurodegeneration: Regulation of TDP-43 Function and Aggregation”
- May 10: Eugene Lee (Weihl Lab, WashU Neurology), “SQSTM1 in autophagic degradation”
**Note that Shane Liddelow’s talk on January 11 is a Special Hope Center Lecture. Presentation by Tim Miller’s lab, originally scheduled for January 11, will be rescheduled. Stay tuned!
All meetings are listed on the Neuroscience Calendar of the Office of Neuroscience Research.