The Biospecimen and Clinical Data Acquisition Core facilitates the coordinated collection, processing, storage, and distribution of biospecimens and clinical data from patients with a broad representation of diseases of the nervous system. This Core:
- Initiates the collection of biospecimens and associated clinical data from patient populations where little support currently exists.
- Catalyzes the integration of several large, pre-existing bio-repositories and clinical databases of nervous system disease patients.
- Makes accessible an inventory of available biospecimen resources and de-identified data that can be queried by authorized intramural and extramural neuroscience investigators.
The Biospecimen and Clinical Data Acquisition Core makes extensive use of infrastructure already present at our institution by extending and integrating several existing resources:
- Clinic Environment for Recruitment, Consent, and Clinical Data Collection
- NeuroClinical Research Unit (NCRU)
- Clinical and Research Data Management
- IRB and Consent
- Clinical Data Entry
- Mark A. Watson, MD, PhD – Core Director
- Joel S. Perlmutter, MD – Co-Director
- Rakesh Nagarajan, MD, PhD – Co-Investigator
- Johanna Hartlein, RN, MSN, APN
- Mala Sharma, BS, Research Technician
- Laura Carpenter
- Cassie Keppel
This core is supported by NIH Neuroscience Blueprint Core Grant P30 NS057105 to Washington University.