The PI Chalk Talks are an opportunity for lab heads to share ideas and plans with the goal of generating constructive discussion among peers and mentors. To-date, Chalk Talks have been a forum for faculty members to get feedback on draft grant proposals. We are restructuring such that Chalk Talks now will be an opportunity for faculty members to learn about other members’ research programs. With the significant growth of the Hope Center over the years, Chalk Talks will provide another opportunity to stay engaged.
Instructions for Presenters
Tips for a successful Chalk Talk
- It is a real chalk talk. No slides.
- Think of a question that you need help with and begin the talk by writing this question or a set of specific aims/goals on the board so as to guide the audience and frame the conversation.
- This is not a talk to educate the audience about your research but instead for the audience to educate you with advice etc.
- If there are specific faculty that you would like invited–Please invite them. Send them a personal email asking for their attendance. This is a great opportunity to pick the brains of your colleagues.
2018/2019 Schedule, PI Chalk Talk
Mondays (scheduled on weeks when there is no Monday Noon Seminar)
12:00p – 1:00p
BJC Institute of Health 9AB
- October 29
- February 11: Beau Ances (WashU Neurology
All meetings are listed on the Office of Neuroscience Research (ONR) Calendar.