Organizer: Celeste Karch
The Lysosome Processing & Transport Group is a group of investigators whose research goals range from basic lysosomal system biology to therapy in model organisms and humans. The focus of this group is to introduce key research developments and current innovative studies in the lysosome field. Members of this group share an interest in the autophagy/lysosomal pathway (ALP) and its relationship to neurodegenerative disorders, development of novel therapeutic strategies of Lysosome storage diseases and the use of cell and animal models as tools to determine the role of the ALP in the pathogenesis of neurological and cardiovascular diseases.
Group meetings are open to the Washington University community, and those outside also are welcome to present their work and exchange new data and cutting-edge ideas.
2023 Spring Schedule
3rd Thursday of the month
3:00p – 4:00p
HYBRID: BJC Institute of Health 9AB and Zoom conference or VIRTUAL only
For virtual meeting information email the Hope Center or click the Zoom links button below.
- VIRTUAL January 19: Aimee Kao (University of California, San Francisco) “Aging, Lysosomes and Neurodegenerative Disease”
- HYBRID February 16: Seongwon Lee (Yoo lab, WashU Developmental Biology) “Longitudinal modeling of human neuronal aging: Identification of RCAN1-TFEB pathway contributing to the degeneration of Huntington’s disease via autophagy reduction”
- VIRTUAL March 16: Rebecca Wallings (University of Florida)
- HYBRID April 20: Adelita Mendoza (Kornfeld lab, WashU Developmental Biology)
- HYBRID May 18: Davis lab (WashU Neurology)
For previous years’ talks, check out the archives link below.
All meetings are listed on the ONR Calendar of the Office of Neuroscience Research.
Jonathan Cooper (WashU Pediatrics)
Carlos Cruchaga (WashU Psychiatry)
Patricia Dickson (WashU Pediatrics)
Abhinav Diwan (WashU Medicine)
Timothy Holy (WashU Neuroscience)
Celeste Karch (WashU Psychiatry)
Jonathan Kipnis (WashU Pathology & Immunology)
Stuart Kornfeld (WashU Medicine)
Jin-Moo Lee (WashU Neurology)
Adriana Montaño (Saint Louis University)
Andrew Nguyen (Saint Louis University)
Maria Remedi (WashU Medicine)
Rajan Sah (WashU Medicine)
Mark Sands (WashU Medicine)
Gary Silverman (WashU Pediatrics)
Amber Stratman (WashU Cell Biology & Physiology)