To restore neurological function in patients suffering from diseases that impact the human nervous system through the development of novel multidisciplinary therapeutic strategies.
1) Development and implementation of clinical trials for patients with neurological diseases using regenerative medicine-, cell-, drug-, and virus-based approaches
2) Development of patient tissue-derived models of human diseases
Target disease areas
Spinal cord injury
Specific neurological diseases of interest include: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Wolfram syndrome, spinal cord injury, and brain tumors (glioblastoma, meningioma, pituitary tumors)
For additional information about the NeuroRestorative Therapy Group, please contact the faculty organizers Albert Kim, Fumihiko Urano, and Hiroko Yano or the administrative coordinators, Jan Konrad and Megan Fenlon.
2019/2020 Schedule, NeuroRestorative Group
1st Wednesday of the month
McMillan 5th Floor Conference Room*
*NOTE Beginning February 5, 2020 the NRTG will move to a new location: Choi Conference Room, McMillan 2nd Floor
There are 2 short talks (20 minutes each) at every monthly meeting.
- October 2: Dan Hafez (Kim lab, WashU Neurosurgery), Shuntaro Morikawa (Urano lab, WashU Medicine)
- November 6: Zhao Sun (Yoo lab, WashU Developmental Biology), Matt MacEwan (Ray lab, WashU Neurosurgery)
- December 4: Fabia Filipello (Karch lab, WashU Psychiatry), Millman lab (WashU Medicine)
- February 5*: Rita Martinez (Karch lab, WashU Psychiatry), Kesav Meganathan (Kroll lab, WashU Developmental Biology)
*NOTE new location (Choi Conference Room) beginning today!
- March 4: Strahle lab (WashU Neurosurgery), Dezhuang Ye (Chen lab, WashU Biomedical Engineering)
- CANCELLED – April 1: Theunissen lab (WashU Developmental Biology), Kathleen Schoch (Miller lab, WashU Neurology)
- May 6: Yi lab (WashU Dept of Neuroscience), Tom McGrath (Setton lab, WashU Biomedical Engineering)
- June 3: Gabel lab (WashU Dept. of Neuroscience), Mark Sands (WashU Medicine)
All meetings are listed on the ONR Calendar of the Office of Neuroscience Research.
Archives of previous seasons
Faculty organizers: Albert Kim, Fumihiko Urano, and Hiroko Yano
Rajendra Apte (WashU Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences)
Angela Bowman (WashU Developmental Biology)
Hong Chen (WashU Biomedical Engineering/Radiation Oncology)
Patricia Dickson (WashU Pediatrics)
Gavin Dunn (WashU Neurosurgery)
Albert Kim (WashU Neurosurgery)
Eric Lenze (WashU Psychiatry)
Timothy Miller (WashU Neurology)
Jeffrey Millman (WashU Medicine)
Andrew Nguyen (Saint Louis University)
Cynthia Ortinau (WashU Pediatrics)
Wilson Zachary Ray (WashU Neurosurgery)
Mark Sands (WashU Medicine)
Jennifer Strahle (WashU Neurosurgery)
Fumihiko Urano (WashU Medicine)
Hiroko Yano (WashU Neurosurgery)
Andrew Yoo (WashU Developmental Biology)