Monday Noon seminars are hosted by the Hope Center and the Department of Neurology. Talks are organized around mini-series topics; each mini-series is organized by Hope Center faculty members to feature investigators from Washington University as well as one outside speaker. Monday Noon seminars run from November through May each year. (There are no Monday Noon seminars in September and October, as the Hope Center and the Department of Neurology participate in the Neuroscience Colloquium and have agreed to suspend the seminar series for these two months each year.)
All seminars are listed on the Neuroscience Calendar of the Office of Neuroscience Research.
November – June
Holden Auditorium (Farrell Learning and Teaching Center)
Mechanisms of Muscle Weakness
Organizer, Chris Weihl.
- November 2
- November 9: Alfred Goldberg (Harvard University)
- November 16
- December 7
Stem Cell Therapeutics
Organizer, Matthew Harms.
- January 4
- January 11
- January 25
- February 1
Epigenetic Modifications in Aging and Disease
Organizer, Valeria Cavalli.
- February 8: Valeria Cavalli (WUSTL Anatomy & Neurobiology)
- February 22: Hiroko Yano (WUSTL Neurosurgery)
- February 29: Ting Wang (WUSTL Genetics)
- March 7: Michael Kobor (University of British Columbia)
Diabetes and the Brain
Organizer, Tamara Hershey.
- March 21: Tamara Hershey (WUSTL Psychiatry), Shannon Macauley-Rambach (WUSTL Neurology)
- March 28: Ana Maria Arbelaez (WUSTL Pediatrics)
- April 4: Suzanne Craft (Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center)
- April 11: Maria Remedi (WUSTL Internal Medicine)
Transcriptional and epigenetic control of neural development
- April 25: Gail Mandel (Oregon Health & Science University)
- May 2
- May 9
- May 16
Special Seminar: Winners, Hope Center Awards
- May 30
- POSTPONED: July 27: Ajay Verma (Biogen)
Special Hope Center/Ophthalmology/Neurology Seminars
- October 12: Chad Dickey (University of South Florida)
- October 15: Monica Vetter (University of Utah)
- October 26: Erika Holzbaur (University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine)