The Hope Center is pleased to announce that Clocks & Sleep Club now is the Hope Center Clocks & Sleep Club. This new affiliation reflects an expansion of the existing group, aimed to help promote ongoing research on the role of sleep and circadian rhythms in neurodegenerative disease. The founders and organizers, Erik Herzog and Paul Taghert, will continue in their roles as the group meets monthly to discuss recent advances in the study of biological timing and sleep.
Labs working on biological rhythms include:
Erik Herzog. Molecules, cells and circuits of mammalian circadian timing.
Paul Taghert. Molecules, cells and circuits of insect circadian timing.
Dmitri Nusinow. Circadian regulation of physiology and development in plants.
David Holtzman. The role of normal and disrupted daily rhythms in amyloid beta production and Alzheimer’s Disease progression and therapies.
Michael Hughes. Daily regulation of gene expression.
Shin-Ichiro Imai. Epigenetics of circadian timing and aging.
István Kiss. Coupled oscillator behavior in biological and electrochemical systems.
Erik Musiek. The role of clock genes and circadian rhythms in neurodegeneration.
Jeanne Nerbonne. Circadian regulation of excitability and channel biology.
Paul Shaw. Genetics and benefits of sleep.
Students can sign up for and participate in Clocksclub for 1 credit at WashU.
2017/2018 Schedule, Clocks & Sleep Club
1st Friday of the month
BJC Institute of Health 7AB
- July 7: Michael Hughes (WashU Medicine) “Guidelines for Genome-Scale Analyses of Circadian Rhythms: Emphasis on Studies of Mammalian Brains”, Dmitri Nusinow (Danforth Plant Science Center) Hybrid data/journal club
- August 4: Christy Hoffmann (Hughes Lab, WashU Medicine), Taghert Lab (WashU Neuroscience)
- September 1: Herzog Lab (WashU Biology), Jake Hughey (Vanderbilt University)
- October 6: Paul Taghert (WashU Dept. of Neuroscience), Jiajia Li (Hughes Lab, WashU Medicine)
- November 3: Musiek Lab (WashU Neurology), Andy Liu (University of Memphis)
- December 1: Shaw Lab (WashU Dept. of Neuroscience), Ron Anafi (University of Pennsylvania)
- January 5
- February 2
- March 2
- April 6
- May 4
All meetings are listed on the Neuroscience Calendar of the Office of Neuroscience Research.
Archives of previous seasons
Clocks & Sleep Club Faculty
Faculty organizers: Erik Herzog, Paul Taghert, Michael Hughes
Erik Herzog (WashU Biology)
David Holtzman (WashU Neurology)
Michael Hughes (WashU Medicine)
Shin-Ichiro Imai (WashU Developmental Biology)
Yo-El Ju (WashU Neurology)
István Kiss (SLU Chemistry)
Brendan Lucey (WashU Neurology)
Erik Musiek (WashU Neurology)
Jeanne Nerbonne (WashU Medicine)
Dmitri Nusinow (Donald Danforth Plant Science Center)
Paul Shaw (WashU Neuroscience)
Paul Taghert (WashU Neuroscience)
Kelvin Yamada (WashU Neurology)